Porta Via Ristorante e Bar is the ONLY restaurant in the state of Tennessee to be recognized by L’Associazone Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN), a Naples, Italy based organization that gives special designation to pizzerias that respect and uphold the tradition and the art of Neapolitan pizza making.
- Our VPN certified pizzas use Italian-imported ingredients, including: Flour Type 00 Caputo; San Marzano tomatoes; and Mozzarella di Bufala. We also utilize fresh yeast; fresh basil; sea salt; and purified water.
- Our dough is made fresh daily, proofed over 8 hours, and hand-kneaded in order to create the perfect crust.
- No sugar is used in the process of making our dough or tomato sauce.
- Our wood-fired, dome oven is made of Italian volcanic rock and cooks your pizza in 90 seconds at a temperature of 900° Fahrenheit.
- Our pizzas are 11″ in diameter, feature a raised edge crust and thin center.
- In the traditional Italian fashion, our pizzas are served unsliced.